Thursday, August 21, 2014

Book Reviews from Ellie G.

Zebra Forest, Adina Rishe Gerwirtz, 4/5

This book was exciting and interesting to read! Some parts got too descriptive but mostly the story stayed thrilling!


Almost Home, Joan Bauer, 4/5

In Almost Home the characters really come to life. This is one of those books that can make you cry after just a few chapters.


Flora and Ulysses, Kate DiCamillo, 3/5

In this book the story never loses energy! The only problem I had was that in some parts the story could get hard to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie, I'm so excited that your comments finally showed up. Joan Bauer is one of my favorite authors. Be sure that you read Rules of the Road, also by Joan Bauer. I'm glad that you liked Zebra Forest, one of our Mock Newbery books for 2014. I agree with you that Flora and Ulysses, Newbery winner for last year, was filled with energy. I liked this book more than I expected to.
    I'm hoping you'll find a five star read before the summer's over (that gives you until Sept. 22). What's your favorite book ever? I want to help you discover that perfect summer read! Keep reading, and thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete