Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mock Newbery 2015 Lists of Possibilities

Are you interested in reading some of the possibilities for the 2015 Newbery Award?  I'll post some links to Mock Newbery clubs, in case you'd like to read some of these titles.

/http://mrsfrostreads.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/2015-mock-newbery-club/

I haven't read ANY of these titles yet.  I've heard of the first seven.  Lots of people are talking about A Snicker of Magic.   I've read other books by Cynthia Lord and Laurel Synder so I'm looking forward to Half a Chance and Seven Stories Up.  I loved Three Times Lucky, so I can't wait to read The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing.  I have ARCs (advance reader copies) of The Mark of the Dragonfly and Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy.  I just checked out Upside Down in the Middle of Nowhere (another Hurricane Katrina book) which should be a good companion book to Zane and the Hurricane from this list.

The next six titles are new to me, although I do recognize some of the author's names (Neal Shusterman and Margita Engle).

If you've read any of these books, post your reviews in the comments.  It's time for me to make more time for summer reading!


The Eva Perry Mock Newbery Book Club Blog

This Mock Newbery Book Club Blog from North Carolina  includes tons of titles with brief summaries (perhaps they include almost every new book that's been published in 2014).  Last year, they chose Counting by 7's which was my first choice for the Mock Newbery competition and a favorite of quite a few readers in our club.  The year before they chose Wonder, our choice for that year also!  If you're interested in reading from a specific genre, you can click on that genre in the menu on the left. 

Feel free to leave comments about any of these books or other Mock Newbery sites you discover.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking to the Eva Perry Mock Newbery blog! We are super excited to be choosing our winners this afternoon - please feel free to check us out after our meeting!

    ReplyDelete